Omada is one of the most engaging and effective ways to reduce your risk for a host of serious, preventable diseases, including type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Using world-class design, personal health coaching, and the integration of web, mobile, and smart devices, Omada is an innovative approach that combines the behavioral science, social support, and technology necessary to achieve lasting change.
Health Net is pleased to offer Omada, a groundbreaking digital lifestyle change program that consists of a year-long curriculum to help members at risk of developing type 2 diabetes or heart disease make lifestyle changes to reduce their risk.
- Diabetes is a national epidemic. 1 in 3 American adults now has prediabetes. By 2020, an estimated 52% of adults will develop prediabetes or diabetes.
- Diabetes and heart disease are preventable. 1 in 3 Americans will die prematurely from a condition that’s mostly related to lifestyle, habit, or circumstance. These are conditions that pills and procedures can control but not fix, like type 2 diabetes or heart disease. The landmark Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) clinical trial showed that people with prediabetes can significantly reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes through modest lifestyle changes.
- Lifestyle changes make a difference. As a member of the Omada program, you'll learn to change the factors that put you at risk for diabetes and heart disease.
How does Omada work?
- Expert health coaching: One-on-one support from a professional health coach.
- Small group support: Participants are matched into small groups in a private online environment based on age, body mass index (BMI) and location.
- Behavior change curriculum: Our year long curriculum is scientifically supported and uses principles of behavior change in a fun and engaging environment.
- Smart tools: A no-setup wireless scale automatically transmits daily weigh-ins to private personal profiles. A pedometer also tracks daily activity.
- Anytime access: Complete flexibility to access the online curriculum, health coach and peer group whenever convenient.
Health Net Health Net members, once registered and logged in to our member site, access Omada to enroll in the program.
Health Net Customer Support